Asian Summer Salad
One of my favorite Pampered Chef recipes!
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli pasta
- 1/4 cup julienne-cut carrots, 2 inches long
- 3/4 cup julienne-cut zucchini, 2 inches long
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 pound deli roast turkey or chicken breast, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 TBSP rice vinegar
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp ginger (can use fresh gingerroot)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Coarsely chopped peanuts or cashews and fresh cilantro
For salad, break vermicelli into quarters. Cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside. Cut carrots and zucchini into julienne strips; cut strips into 2-inch pieces. Chop bell pepper and slice green onions. Cut turkey into thin pieces, 2 inches long. Add vegetables and turkey to vermicelli. For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and ground red pepper in a medium bowl. Add ginger and garlic. Mix well. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow all flavors to blend. Spoon salad into serving bowl and garnish with nuts and cilantro, if desired.