Baked Rigatoni With Ham
Have some left-over ham? Try this delicious dish.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 1/4 cup butter (half a stick)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen peas
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
Cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain and set aside. Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan; stir in mushrooms and onion,. Cook 2-3 minutes, until onion is soft. Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk and chicken broth with a wire whisk. Cook until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and all remaining ingredients. Pour into casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.