Chicken Crescent Rolls
Everyone likes this recipe…it’s deeeelicious!
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained (optional)
- 2 (8-oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup croutons, finely crushed
Blend cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter. Add chicken, salt, pepper, milk and onions (and mushroom pieces, if desired); blend well. Separate crescent roll dough into triangles. Spoon 1/4 cup of chicken mixture near base of each triangle and roll up, crescent style. Dip each bundle in melted butter and roll in crouton crumbs. Place on a cookie sheet about 1 inch apart and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Can be served over rice and topped with cream of mushroom soup or gravy.