This is my mom’s recipe. She likes the tortillas torn up and the dish served casserole style. I like the tortillas rolled up around the filling and served enchilada style, but it’s delicious however you decide to make it.
- 1 lb chicken, boiled and shredded
- 1 pkg of 10 flour tortillas
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 pkg shredded mozarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 4oz can diced green chilies
Tear the tortillas into bite-sized chunks and place in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken, 1/2 the cheese, soup, sour cream or yogurt, and the green chilies. Stir. In a greased 9×13, pour the contents of the bowl. Top with the rest of the cheese and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes (30-45 if frozen), or until heated through and cheese is melty. Garnish with chopped green onions.