I would love to take credit for inventing this recipe but I can’t. Rachel Ray did that. I can’t even take credit for discovering this recipe–my mom did that. But at least I can take credit for being the first to post the most delicious and fabulous soup recipe ever on Hey Mikey Likey! Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 lb. sweet Italian Sausage (in bulk or removed from casings)
- 1/4 lb. pepperoni stick, cubed
- 1 ham steak, cubed
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (1 large can) chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups gemelli pasta uncooked
Heat oil in a large pot. Add sausage and brown, breaking up meat with spoon. Add pepperoni and ham–cook 2-3 minutes. Drain excess fat. Add pepper and onion–cook 2 minutes. Add garlic–cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Cook 8-10 minutes and serve.