Lemon Chicken Tortellini
If you love Bertucci’s, then you’ll like this dish. It’s very similar to a favorite of mine and Mark’s that they no longer serve there. And it comes together pretty quick too!
- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) cheese tortellini
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce, optional
- 6 oz. pkg fresh baby spinach
- 6 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter and cook red pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 2 cups broth; bring to boil. Combine flour, salt, pepper and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove chicken from bones and stir the meat into the sauce along with the lemon peel and hot sauce. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.