Pronto Pizza Patties
From the Pampered Chef cookbook, It’s Good For You! This was a big hit when I made it! It is so hard for me to find something that all the kids will eat, but they dived right in. Also, it is such a quick and easy recipe!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 egg white
- 1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 French or Italian bread slices, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tsp olive oil or margarine spread
- 1 tsp Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix (a seasoning from Pampered Chef; if you don’t have it, something like Mrs. Dash or some other Italian seasonings sprinkled together will do just fine)
Mix together turkey, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and egg white. Add 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce and mix lightly but thoroughly. Form mixture into 6 oval patties and cook in large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink in the middle. About 1 minute before patties are done, top with cheese. Brush one side of each side of bread with olive oil or melted margarine. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning mix. Toast in skillet for about 2 minutes, until warm. Place patties on bread and top each a spoonful or two of the pizza sauce.