Thai Steak Skewers
This recipe is so simple and so delicious and the peanut dipping sauce is fabulous. It’ll look like you worked hard to prepare this meal but really, you didn’t. It’s perfect for summer when it’s too hot to cook inside!
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 can coconut milk, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium limes, halved and thinly sliced, optional
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. chopped salted peanuts
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first five ingredients. Add 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1 tsp. pepper flakes. Add steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto 16 metal skewers or soaked wooden skewers, alternately threading beef with lime slices if desired. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally.
In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter with remaining coconut milk and pepper flakes. Heat through. Transfer to a small bowl(s) and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with skewers.